For details on Nutrition programs at Mayfair Clubs, speak with your Fitness Manager today!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1 cup plain oatmeal (old fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
- 1 cup egg whites (6 whites) or egg substitute
- ½ cup 1% cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ sweet apple (such as Golden Delicious), chopped (½ cup)
- Oil spray
- In a blender, combine oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese, cinnamon and honey; process until smooth. Add baking powder and process briefly, just enough to mix it in.
- Stir in chopped apple by hand.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with oil spray and heat over low flame. Pour ½ cup pancake batter into pan. When pancake is golden underneath (use spatula to peek), flip and cook for a few minutes on other side.
- Transfer cooked pancake to a plate, and repeat process with remaining batter to make 4 pancakes. Serve with sugar-free syrup or a dusting of cinnamon.
Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 327 calories, 5 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 46 g total carbohydrate, 6 g dietary fiber, 26 g protein, 438 mg sodium.