Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
We are currently looking for Full Time Bistro Cook/Server at Mayfair West location (Dufferin and Sheppard).
- Preparing meals including the use of all stations: fry, flat top griddle, pantry and cooking eggs.
- Provide the high quality of service to the members at all times.
- Communicate and interact with servers, vendors and club members
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Close kitchen properly, ensure that the closing kitchen checklist is followed. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Must demonstrate genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing a rapport with the members and guests and delivering an exceptional dining experience.
- Guiding guests through menus while demonstrating thorough knowledge of the food, beverages and ingredients.
- Taking accurate orders and partnering with team members to serve food and beverages that meet or exceed guests’ expectations.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any guest request or concern.
- Be aware of any special requests, including guest’s food allergy concerns.
- Ensure accuracy when entering orders into the POS system.
- Utilize the POS system to process cash, debit and credit transactions.
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely.
- Ensure cleanliness of the dining areas.
- Must be formally trained or have equivalent experience in culinary arts.
- Must have Food Handlers certification.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months of experience in similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with manager, kitchen and servers.
- Must meet the criminal background check requirements.
- Ability to analyse and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large.
- High levels of stress and pressure.
- Occasional overtime.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position.
What we offer
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. If qualified, along with competitive compensation you will receive,
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership.
- Merchandise and services discounts.
3855 Chesswood Drive, Downsview,ON, M3J 2P6 ( Closest major intersection – Sheppard and Dufferin). TTC Accessible.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org