Membership Sales & Service Manager
Full-Time - Mayfair PARKWAY
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
We are currently seeking a Membership Sales & Service Manager for our Mayfair Parkway Club at:
50 Steelcase Road E in Markham.
This is a full-time position, flexible hours, with a salary and benefits commensurate with experience. This role works closely with the Club Manager as well as all Department Managers.
The Membership Sales & Service Manager is responsible for achieving or exceeding sales targets; managing controllable cancellations; and improving retention through exceptional customer service.
- Conducting tours of entire facility and enroll new members
- Being knowledgeable about and promoting all existing club services
- Generate new membership sales; Corporate Sales
- New member follow up calls (1, 3 and 6 month intervals)
- Thank for calls and emails for referrals
- Past member calls/follow up – an invitation to return including summer members
- Timely guest follow up; Entering prospects into CSI database
- Assist the fitness department with follow up MAA calls as needed (MAA’s available quarterly)
- Address member concerns directly including but not limited cancellations and medical holds.
- Attain and maintain an 80% participation rate in membership retention oriented programs for both new and existing members.
- To work with the Club Managers, Squash, Fitness, and Tennis Department Heads and the Membership/Sales department on specific results goals (sales and retention), specific activity goals (sales and retention), minimum levels for all activities for new and existing members, within a given timeframe to breach the gaps unfolded through member calls. Final approval of above to go through the President
- To ensure all clubs/departments are following the identical protocols in the assessment and program participation/registration processes for both new and existing members.
- Regular meetings with the Club Managers, Membership/Sales department, Fitness Director, Tennis Director and Squash director to discuss findings and create ideas to continually be proactive in all areas of member satisfaction and ultimate retention for new and existing members.
- Renewal membership calls
- Attend meetings as required; Represent the Mayfair brand at various events; Attending club functions to check in with members from various areas
- Track daily/weekly/monthly performance and provide stats to GM
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Key Requirements/Interpersonal Skills:
- Knowledge of fitness, exercise, leisure, health & safety
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and overall administrative experience
- Charismatic and mature attitude with a focus on customer satisfaction and engagement
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision
- Solid interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Previous sales experience with a proven track record for achieving sales and retention targets
- Experience working in the fitness or similar industry
- Passionate about improving lives through fitness and athletics
- Able to work flexible hours including day, night and evening shifts
- Criminal background check
What we offer
When you are at Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. Along with competitive compensation, you will receive:
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership
- Merchandise and services discounts
- Health and dental benefits
MAYFAIR PARKWAY LOCATION: 50 Steelcase Road E, Markham, ON (Closest major intersection – Steeles E and Woodbine). TTC Accessible
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.