Senior Accountant Administrator
Full Time Permanent Position Markham
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 40 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports. Mayfair also offers complete, high quality Salon and Spa services at 3 locations.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation as well as a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant Administrator to work Full-time to join our Administrative team at Mayfair Parkway. You will support the team with your administrative prowess and accounting experience for our 4 clubs across the GTA.
- Generate, analyze and review month end retail inventory counts at four (4) locations
- Prepare and finalize journal entries, financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations, membership stats and audit schedules.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Inventory and office administrative tasks
- Conduct ad-hoc projects to include analyzing large volumes of data and communicating your findings.
- Month-end Billing
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Other tasks as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail.
- Highly organized record keeping and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under tight deadlines
- Professionalism in interactions for internal and external stakeholders
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting and administration experience
- 5+ years of Debits and Credits, General Accounting Principles, Bookkeeping, and Financial Statements experience
- Working experience with Accounting software (Simply Accounting or Quickbooks)
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel)
- Prior Experience working with CRM and POS software (Nice to have experience working with Micros or CSI)
What We Offer
When you work for Mayfair Clubs, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. Along with competitive compensation, you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Company paid Mayfair Clubs membership
- Merchandise and services discounts
Mayfair Parkway: 50 Steelcase Road E, Markham, ON (Closest major intersection – Steeles E and Woodbine). TTC/YRT Accessible
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.