Food and Beverage Server
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
We are currently looking for Restaurant Servers at Mayfair West location (Dufferin and Sheppard). Full time opportunity.
- Must demonstrate genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing a rapport with the members and guests and delivering an exceptional dining experience.
- Guiding guests through menus while demonstrating thorough knowledge of the food, beverages and ingredients.
- Taking accurate orders and partnering with team members to serve food and beverages that meet or exceed guests’ expectations.
- Providing friendly and attentive service that makes guests feel well taken care of.
- When required, participate in special events with enthusiasm and excitement.
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards of the Front of House.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any guest request or concern.
- Be aware of any special requests, including guest’s food allergy concerns.
- Ensure accuracy when entering orders into the POS system.
- Utilize the POS system to process cash, debit and credit transactions.
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely.
- Ensure cleanliness of the dining areas.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 1-2 years of restaurant server experience.
- Smart Serve required and Food Handling certification preferred.
- Food Safe 1 and WHMIS would be an asset..
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with others.
- Be proactive and able to smile while under pressure during peak service times.
- Attention to detail and ability to serve meals according to standard serving, clearing and food safe practices.
- Ability to increase sales through upselling and suggestive selling; act on opportunities to build guest relationships.
- Good time management skills and work ethic.
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast paced environment with energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees, members & guests.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Candidates MUST be 19 years old or over and legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
What we offer
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. If qualified, along with competitive compensation you will receive,
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership
- Merchandise and services discounts.
3855 Chesswood Drive, Downsview,ON, M3J 2P6 ( Closest major intersection – Sheppard and Dufferin). TTC Accessible.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants please apply to email@example.com