Food and Beverage Manager
We are currently hiring a full time Manager for our Restaurant at our Lakeshore location (Lakeshore East/Carlaw). Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required by the events and functions of the Club.
Position Overview :
The Food & Beverage Manager ensures all restaurant guests enjoy a pleasant eating experience complemented with excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities :
· Management and oversight of MICROS for purposes of sales and inventory.
· Accountability for P&L of the Restaurant: including daily, monthly and annual reconciliation of billing.
· Management of both back and front of the house.
· Inventory control of food and beverages including alcohol: physical control as well as reporting.
· Maintain cash floats and petty cash for the Restaurant.
· Train and develop staff in all areas of restaurant and bar operations to meet the highest standards of customer service.
· Identify staffing needs and participate in the hiring and on-boarding process for new staff.
· Maintain a professional demeanor in both attitude and attire at all times.
· Provide staff with strong leadership in all work related activities.
· Have awareness of surrounding market conditions and associated impact on club Restaurant.
· Promote and execute all company policies and procedures to all staff.
· Handle customer concerns and complaints in a sincere and professional manner.
· Ensure payroll is accurate and submitted on time.
· Administer corrective action when necessary while adhering strictly to company policies and the Employment Standards Act.
· Provide performance feedback to employees to enhance customer service.
· Adhere strictly to all Health and Safety regulations as set by provincial legislation.
· Organize and facilitate parties and special events. Provide all related paperwork to club manager and head office.
· Menu design and planning to ensure local trends are being followed and customer requests are being met.
· Conduct regular scheduled inventory with Head Office Inventory Control Staff.
· Provide staff support in all roles when/if business demands dictate.
· All other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Requirements/Interpersonal Skills:
· Proven knowledge of MICROS for sales and inventory purposes.
· Proven ability to manage P&L in a Restaurant / Bistro setting.
· Solid understanding of product costing/inventory/staffing costs.
· Proven interpersonal skills coupled with customer service excellence.
· Effective organizational skills and time management skills.
· Proven people management experience in a Restaurant setting.
· Ability to work as a leader with minimal supervision while maintaining consistent communication with club management and head office.
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle to be used to travel to store/LCBO/Beer store if required in-between main inventory deliveries, in order to maintain adequate inventory levels in peak or unexpected times.
· Back of the house experience an asset.
Interested applicants please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org