Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Personal Trainer
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 40 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
We are currently looking for Experienced Certified Personal Trainers for our Parkway location (Steeles and 404).
As a Certified Personal Trainer, you will provide outstanding customer service to our club members. You have an outgoing personality and thrive on working in a customer focused environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Motivated Fitness Instructor accomplished in helping clients at all fitness levels get into the best shapes of their lives.
- Create an individualized exercise plan that is optimal for each client’s specific needs
- Coach clients on how to exercise safely and effectively
- Help clients target problem areas or recover from injuries
- Provide clients with a general understanding of healthy eating and lifestyle habits
- Preparedness to provide emergency assistance, if necessary
- Keep records to track client progress
- Supervise clients as they train to ensure they are maximizing their workout
- Organize events and activities centered around fitness
Skills and Experience Required:
- Certified personal trainer, with preference given to those who possess NSCA-CSCS, CSEP or NSCA-PT
- Degree in Kinesiology or related field is an asset
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in personal training and/or coaching.
- Minimum 1 years proven sales success.
- Must have valid CPR/First Aid
- Certified with DTS Level 1 and/or Fascial Stretch Therapy considered an asset
- Ability to train in private, semiprivate, and small group formats.
- The position will require the professional to work flexible hours including weekends
- Ability to interpret member assessment results and program accordingly
- Candidate must have basic working knowledge of Microsoft office, windows and internet.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good communicator
- Position reports directly to Fitness Manager
- Criminal Background check required
What We Offer:
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. Along with competitive compensation if you work more than 20 hrs/Week you will receive,
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership
- Merchandise and services discounts.
50 Steelcase Road E, Markham, ON (Closest major intersection – Steeles E and Woodbine). YRT/TTC Accessible
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.