Content Marketing Specialist
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading tennis, squash and fitness facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in racquet sports and fitness.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for a full-time Marketing Content Specialist in our Markham office. This position is part of the Head Office team reporting to the Director of Marketing. You will be responsible for all aspects of content development and social media marketing for all 4 Mayfair Clubs.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please submit a written description of yourself including why you would like to join the Mayfair team, what makes you the ideal candidate, what unique skills and experience would you bring to Mayfair (maximum 750 words).
- Create and develop marketing content for social, digital and print
- Maintain and create social media strategies using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify current social media trends in the fitness and recreation industry
- Actively seek new ways to attract and retain club members through content marketing strategies
- Contribute to Mayfair events including the Rogers Cup, National Junior Tennis Championships, charity events and more; assist in the organization and implementation of online marketing strategies
- Work concurrently on multiple projects
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and outside clients, partners and vendors
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Monitor and field all conversations that take place on our company owned pages, champion the brand and create brand advocates and loyalists as well as manage online reputation.
- Manage the Marketing Team’s content calendar for social across various channels and platforms and take responsibility for executing marketing strategies and content creation.
- This includes managing regular posts and responding to followers, staying abreast of industry trends, and providing invaluable copywriting skills.
- Management of our owned social media pages, you will also assist with our paid social media plans, and the development and execution of our digital marketing strategies.
- Research, identify and write compelling stories and campaigns for our social media channels and ads.
- Lead in the creation, design and writing of marketing assets from animations, videos and images, to ads.
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging content marketing trends and their applicability to the Mayfair Clubs’ marketing needs.
- You will be responsible for owning the development and maintenance of the content on our website that includes program descriptions, blog posts and member profiles while ensuring content is audience-centric and Search Engine Optimized.
- You will also create various content for email marketing messages, promotional campaigns and digital advertisements.
- You will work with the designer and web developer on the team to solve problems and create solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You are a storyteller with solid writing and communication skills – creative, clear, concise and detail-oriented
- Experience in the fitness, sports, recreation and/or private club industry an asset
- Proven work experience as a Content and Social Media Specialist
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience in journalism, communications or content marketing
- At least 3-5 years of experience writing and creating compelling marketing content (email copy, brochures, social media content)
- Photography and video background an asset
- Strong understanding and experience generating SEO content
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-driven organization
- Experience with Word Press and Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical knowledge of HTML markup an asset but not required
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic
- Criminal background check
- Promote excellence and pride in customer service and the Mayfair brand
- Must be able to work outside of regular business hours on an occasional basis to provide coverage for Mayfair events
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants please apply to email@example.com