Culinary Expert/Bistro Cook
Mayfair Clubs (Toronto)
Do you want to let your passion for cooking fuel your career?
Then Mayfair Clubs has an incredible opportunity for you!
Mayfair Clubs values the diversity that exists within our workforce, our customers and the community in which we do business. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a part of our core values, and we understand that our employees and their perspectives are our most important asset.
Here at Mayfair Clubs, we are passionate about the service we provide to our members and employees. We have established a culture where those with a passion to be creative can do so, to ensure high quality service is always delivered to members and employees.
We are currently looking for Full and Part-time Culinary Experts/ Bistro Cooks that enjoys partnering with team members to serve delicious food and beverages that meet or exceeds guests’ expectations.
The Culinary Expert/Bistro Cook role is critical in providing an enjoyable experience to all guests in the facility Bistro, by preparing meals with all cooking stations and equipment provided. This position also plays a supportive role in ensuring an exceptional dining experience by establishing a rapport with all Bistro Guests and responding promptly and courteously to any requests or concerns including allergy concerns.
What Will You Do?
- Prepare all menu items in an efficient and consistent manner, while following the specifications of the company
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation
- Work collaboratively with servers, vendors, and club members
- Guiding guests through menu items, while demonstrating expert knowledge of the food, beverage, and meal ingredients
- On occasion, utilize POS system to process orders
What You Need to Be Successful
- Previous culinary experience in a full-service restaurant or bar with strong culinary production skills
- Completed or working towards post-secondary education in Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Horticulture and/or Cook’s Trade Certificate is an asset
- Expert verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Demonstrated time management, conflict management and stress management skills required
- Ability to work days, afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and to reach, bend stoop when required
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
What Is In It For You?
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to grow with a prestigious, fast growing fitness facility
- Free membership
- Discounted rates for specialized training and merchandise
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to apply via email to email@example.com by 4:30pm EST on January 6, 2023. Please include your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mayfair Clubs is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. At Mayfair Clubs we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.