Full Time - Mayfair Parkway
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in four locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in racquet sports, fitness and aquatics programs.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for Fitness Manager at the Mayfair Parkway location.
The Fitness Manager will oversee the critical area of Personal Training and Group Exercise. The role carries the responsibility of development of sales in personal training – from new member assessments, current member re-assessments, renewals and ‘prospecting off the floor’. To be accountable for the development of the trainers to a high level of standard as indicated by the increased sales and renewals.
- The employee in this position is accountable for the items listed below and as such will be evaluated based on the same at their Year End Job Performance Review.
- Management of the daily operation within the Fitness Department; including the enforcement of all club rules, policies and procedures, equipment maintenance and repairs.
- In coordination with the Director of Group Fitness, Monitor Group Fitness Programs, Group Fitness, Spinning and Yoga/Pilates, recommend/implement changes with classes not meeting minimum participation. Minimum numbers vary at individual clubs.
- Fitness Manager (if certified) must teach the class or an equivalent class type when/if a Fitness Instructor is not able to teach their class. Always be prepared to teach; have music and microphone.
- Prepaid programs/clinics; handle all scheduling, promoting and administration including Profit and Loss Analysis.
- Fitness Staff Orientation for both Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors.
- Manage all aspects of the Personal Training operation at the club level. This includes but is not limited to:
- Recruit and Hire Personal Trainers; this is to be accomplished by working together with the Club Manager to meet operational requirements
- Evaluate and asses Personal Trainer’s performance on a monthly basis and address areas for improvement.
- Ensure All Certifications for all PTs are current and copies sent to HR.
- Manage Timely turnaround of Yearly renewal of contracts.
- Schedule Personal Trainers floor shifts with the goal of ample floor coverage
- Prepare Personal Training Payroll
- Report Monthly Personal Training totals and Revenue to Club Manager.
- On a regular basis, Run Personal Training Workshops on a variety of PT topics
- Strive to increase PT revenue by endeavoring to create and grow PT member awareness and services
- Ongoing monitoring of industry for new trends that can be implemented at club
- Monitor fitness area and equipment and report all maintenance issues.
- Attend all Personal Training, Group Fitness and Club Department Head meetings/workshops.
- Contact New members; introduce and engage them in all Fitness programming.
- Department Inventory to be done on a monthly basis.
- Attend all Fitness Special Events and Club Socials.
Key Functional Skills Required:
- Exceptional Level of Personal Training Knowledge with sales and business management background
- Excellent communication skills. This candidate must be able to communicate effectively in both one to one situations and large groups of 40+.
- Excellent written skills. This candidate must have the ability to work within the company system of presentations and communication.
- University Kinesiology Degree or equivalent.
- Master Trainer Certification Status or equivalent in more than one designation
- Business and sales background
Key Leadership Required:
- Strong Recruiting ability. This candidate must have the ability to plan and organize recruiting to be ahead of the sales curve, through thorough application of the recruiting and selection process.
- Strong Leadership ability this candidate must have the potential for the ability to manage and lead a large sales/training team.
- Strong skills in training and coaching others to develop to their own potential. The ability to hold others accountable for their own performance.
- Non-Defensive, open-minded and able to learn and grow
- The ability to assist in hiring the ‘right person’ for the job
- The ability to Multi-task and organize
- The ability to participate in the creation of a fun, customer service based culture within a results driven performance environment.
What we offer you:
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. Along with competitive compensation, you will receive:
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership,
- Merchandise and services discounts.
- Health & Dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
50 Steelcase Road E, Markham, ON (Closest major intersection – Steeles E and Woodbine). TTC Accessible
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
To apply, please email your resume and relevant documentation to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.