Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 40 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation as well as a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for a full time Kitchen Manager at Mayfair Lakeshore.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, the Kitchen Manager will ensure that all Bistro guests are provided with the best culinary experience possible and all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and delivering the best culinary experience each shift.
- Oversee preparation, production, presentation, cleanliness, teamwork and safety throughout each shift.
- Oversee and manage Food Costs: including ordering, production and weekly inventory. Analyze, identify opportunities, create action plan, communicate and monitor results.
- Manage and deliver the best Guest Experience through effective scheduling: Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the Bistro is properly staffed for all shifts.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Shift management of controllable costs: Food, beverage, labour and QC prom line.
- Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are in place and adhered to every shift.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Smart Serve required and Food Handling certification preferred, Food Safe 1 and WHMIS would be an asset.
- Prior restaurant experience required and previous scheduling experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing quality products every day.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
This position requires you to be available to work flexible hours including mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-Time
Interested applicants please apply to email@example.com