Line cook / prep cook
Mayfair Clubs offer our members leading edge fitness facilities, world class tennis and squash courts, and year round salt water pools, plus amenities like pro sport shops, spa & wellness, bistros, and child care services.
We are currently hiring a full time cook for our Lakeshore location (Lakeshore East/Carlaw). Must be able to work evenings and weekends .
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparing meals including the use of all stations: Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry and Cooking
• Provide the high quality of service to the members at all times
• Communicate and interact with servers, vendors and club members
• Assume100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Assists others in closing the kitchen
• Must be formally trained or have equivalent experience in culinary arts.
• Must Have Food Handlers certification
• Minimum 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
• Must be able to communicate clearly with manager, kitchen and servers
• Experience cooking for large events
• Ability to work in a stand alone position the majority of the day
• Be able to work in a standing position for up to 9 hours, and able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply.
Interested applicants please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org