Marketing Manager/Director | Maternity Leave Coverage
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading tennis, squash and fitness facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in racquet sports and fitness.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation, a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for a creative and motivating expert to lead our Marketing team. This is a 12-month maternity leave contract. You will be responsible for leading a team of three marketing specialists in developing and executing all marketing activity for the organization. You will bring a strong background in marketing, graphic design, digital media, search engine optimization, web development and creative design.
This role reports to the President. However, due to the nature of the individual Club locations, you will also be required to work with the three Club Managers periodically on deliverables. The role demands that you have demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and time management skills. You will work collaboratively with your team and independently as the head of Marketing.
Develop and execute all marketing, branding and social media strategies for all four clubs: both annual marketing plans and seasonal/adhoc promotions and projects.
- Responsible for developing annual budgets with finance, monitoring revenue and expenses and preparing monthly reports.
- Develop and implement business strategies that will support business goals and objectives
- Ownership of community and special events: creating of theme, design, marketing materials and running events on behalf of Mayfair Clubs, including onsite support: I.E. Rogers Cup
- Direct people management and development of the marketing team
- Oversight of the third party contract for creation and maintenance of the company website content and graphics.
- Manage digital and social media platforms
- Responsible for media purchasing and associated copy right details
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external working relationships
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or related business field including 5+ years of marketing and advertising experience and 2+ years of hands on graphic design
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience in leading a successful marketing team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the creation of and execution of community events
- Experience with SEO, Google Adwords and Analytics
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Experience working with multiple social media platforms
- Online analytical reporting experience an asset
- Creative writing skills for web and print
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful to keep up with current industry trends
- Criminal background check
- Some travel within the GTA will be required and flexibility to work outside of regular business hours on occasion
- Experience in hospitality or recreation industries would be an asset
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Interested applicants please apply to email@example.com