Full-Time or Part-Time
Restaurant / Bistro Line Cook
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 40 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation, and if you work more than 20 hours per week, you will also receive a company paid full club membership, as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for Full-Time or Part-Time Line Cook at Mayfair Parkway location to work weekdays and weekends; days and evenings.
You will ensure all members are treated in a professional and courteous manner while being shown the Mayfair experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Reading and preparing food orders
- Communicating with management prior to shift regarding daily menu needs, special functions or events for the day
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of the food and beverage items to offer options to members
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Respond promptly and courteously to any guest request or concern
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely
- Ensure cleanliness of the dining areas
- Dish washing is included in the kitchen/cook responsibilities at the Bistro
- Provide outstanding customer service to Mayfair members
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are in place and adhered to every shift.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 2-3 years cooking experience with emphasis on strong breakfast skills.
- Completion of a post-secondary culinary course an asset; high school diploma required;
- Food Handling certification required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing quality products every day.
- Good time management skills and work ethic.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Interested applicants please apply to email@example.com