Sport and Social Coordinator
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For almost 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
We are currently seeking a Sport and Social Coordinator for our Mayfair West Club, (Chesswoood Drive in Downsview). This is a full-time position, flexible hours, with a salary and benefits commensurate with experience. This role works closely with the Club Manager as well as all Department Managers
This full time Sports and Social Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in creating and coordinating fun and engaging activities for our members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, design and implement programs, events and activities for Adults, Children and families -sports and social activities including camps.
- Manage budget and financial targets for the Sports and camp programs.
- Coordinate events and activities with other Department Heads
- Interact and socialize with members and guests on a daily basis
- Provide high quality of service to the members at all times
- Manage our Kidspace Centre, ensuring the quality of care for the children in this centre, business development with programming and event planning, managing budget and staffing, training of teams and coordinate with other dept head managers and departments for seamless overall member service.
- Work with Marketing to generate activity and engage our members
- Completed Education or equivalent experience in athletics, sports management or teaching
- Sports enthusiast with excellent knowledge of various team sports
- Knowledge of Pickleball is an asset.
- Previous teaching or coaching experience would be an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience managing team of 5+ persons
- Experience in event planning/execution
- Knowledge of budget management and revenue reporting
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate children and adults and encourage good sportsmanship
- Some marketing and/or sales experience would be an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours including day, night and evening shifts
- Must meet the criminal background check requirements
What we offer
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. If qualified, along with competitive compensation you will receive,
- Company paid full Mayfair club membership
- Merchandise and services discounts.
- Benefits package which includes Health and Dental, Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
3855 Chesswood Drive, Downsview,ON, M3J 2P6 ( Closest major intersection – Sheppard and Dufferin). TTC Accessible
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Interested? Apply today firstname.lastname@example.org