Sr. Graphic Designer
Mayfair Clubs is a private club which offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in 4 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 40 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in fitness and racquet sports.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive competitive compensation, and if you work more than 20 hours per week, you will also receive a company paid full club membership, as well as merchandise and services discounts.
We are currently looking for full-time Sr. Graphic Designer who will be based at our Mayfair Parkway location.
The Senior Graphic Designer is a critical role within the Mayfair Clubs marketing team, focused on developing on-brand creative assets for both digital and print media. The position is well-suited for a detail-oriented candidate with strong creative, – design and digital skills include photography, web and video. – The ideal candidate has a solution-seeking attitude, a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ work ethic and a willingness to learn new skills. Marketing team members at Mayfair Clubs need to be versatile and willing to work outside their primary role when required.
- Act as the brand steward in the creative design and development of Mayfair Clubs marketing collateral, including but not limited to emails, digital and print brochures, photographs, one-pagers, website and landing pages, branded merchandise, social media assets, digital e-newsletter and blog creative and PowerPoint decks.
- Assist in the upkeep of posters, program brochures, promotional material and other existing marketing collateral this includes the reformatting and repurposing of existing creative.
- Responsible for leading the direction of creative design layouts that effectively communicate complex information and enhance content comprehension.
- Ensure that all materials are developed and distributed are of high quality and according to an appropriate timeline.
- Responsible for the proper storage and archiving of all marketing creative files and assets.
- Responsible for production vendor management, from estimate requests, file prep and production execution.
- Responsible for managing all inhouse photography of staff members and facilities for use in marketing materials.
- Assist with the filming and editing of video footage for our On Demand platform and social media channels.
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Willingness to adapt and pivot to the changing needs of the department.
- 4+ years of related work experience in fast paced graphic design environment
- Post-secondary degree in Graphic Arts & Design or a related field
- Proficient in Adobe CS including Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
- Digital expertise with the capability of making simple web based updates on our corporate website and digital e-newsletters
- A positive, high-energy, deadline-oriented team player that can embrace the brand
- Ability to “go-with-the-flow” and embrace change
- Ability to combine conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to adapt ideas to various media (traditional, online and digital media) and thinks holistically across channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Video and photography skills, considered a must
- Keeps abreast of design, cultural and fashion trends
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Working in an office environment
- Attendance and conducting of presentations and special events
- Extended periods of sitting
- Occasional overtime
Mayfair Clubs thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
50 Steelcase Road E, Markham, ON (Closest major intersection – Steeles E and Woodbine). TTC/YRT Accessible
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair Clubs thanks all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Mayfair welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Interested applicants please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Ellen Simpson, Marketing Director.