Mayfair Parkway Markham
Do you love swimming and designing customized swimming programs?
Then Mayfair Clubs – has an incredible opportunity for you at our Markham locations!
Mayfair Clubs values the diversity that exists within our workforce, our customers and the community in which we do business. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a part of our core values, and we understand that our employees and their perspectives are our most important asset.
Here at Mayfair Clubs, we care about our members abilities to achieve their goals by providing customized swimming programs to each member that signs up for classes
We are currently looking for a swimming enthusiast that enjoys teaching the fundamental of swimming to participants of all ages and levels and provides Lifeguard support to ensure safety administration of swimming.
The position at our Markham locations offers weekday evening shifts for our September Swim Fall Program.
The Swim Instructor/Lifeguard role is critical in providing an enjoyable experience for class participants, and assists in the planning, instruction, and evaluation of lesson patrons. This position also plays a supportive role in emergency situations, accident prevention and responding to situations.
What Will You Do at Mayfair Clubs?
- Plan and organize classes through daily lesson plans and long-term core plans to ensure progressive learning
- Provide instruction and evaluations of lesson patrons
- Complete pool deck set-up and clean-up
- Know emergency procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain class safety through formation and proper scanning techniques
- Facilitate Life Saving Society (L.S.S.) course programs to new instructors
- Participate in and host scheduled and promotional events
What Skills Do You Need to Be Successful in this Role?
- Current standard First Aid and CPR-C certifications
- Current Lifesaving Swimming Instruction Certification
- Completed L.S.S. Instructor Certification
- Completed or working towards National Lifeguard Certification
- Ability to work all weekend shifts & some evening shifts (Saturday & Sunday 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday 4pm – 8:30pm)
What Is In It for You?
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to grow with a prestigious, fast growing fitness facility
- Free membership
- Discounted rates for specialized training and merchandise
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to apply by email to email@example.com. Please include your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mayfair Clubs is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At Mayfair Clubs we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.