Swim Instructor/Lifeguard at Mayfair Lakeshore (Leslieville)
Do you want to work in an exclusive club, with exclusive members? Do you love swimming and designing customized swimming programs? Then Mayfair Clubs – Lakeshore has an incredible opportunity for you!
Mayfair Clubs values the diversity that exists within our workforce, our customers and the community in which we do business. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a part of our core values, and we understand that our employees and their perspectives are our most important asset.
Here at Mayfair Clubs, we care about our members abilities to achieve their goals by providing customized swimming programs to each member that signs up for classes. We are currently looking for a swimming enthusiast that enjoys teaching the fundamental of swimming to participants of all ages and
levels and provides Lifeguard support to ensure safety administration of swimming at all of our locations.
The Swim Instructor/Lifeguard role is critical in providing an enjoyable experience for class participants, and assists in the planning, instruction, and evaluation of lesson patrons. This position also plays a supportive role in emergency situations, accident prevention and responding to situations.
What Will You Do?
- Plan and organize classes through daily lesson plans and long-term core plans to ensure progressive learning
- Provide instruction and evaluations of lesson patrons
- Complete pool deck set-up and clean-up
- Know emergency procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain class safety through formation and proper scanning techniques
- Facilitate Life Saving Society (LSS) course programs to new instructors
- Participate in and host scheduled and promotional events
What You Need to Be Successful
- Current standard First Aid and CPR-C certifications
- Current Lifesaving Swimming Instruction Certification
- Completed or working towards National Lifeguard Certification
- Completed or working towards Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- Ability to work days, afternoons, evenings and weekends
What Is In It For You
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to grow with a prestigious, fast growing fitness facility
- Free membership
- Discounted rates for specialized training and merchandise
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to apply by 4:30pm EST on January 14, 2023 via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Position Title
- Cover Letter
- Start Date
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mayfair Clubs is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. At Mayfair Clubs we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.