- Member News
- Sport & Social
- Kids Sports
- Group Fitness
- Spa & Wellness
- Sports Shop
2018 FALL SOCIAL PARTIES | WOMEN’S DAY AND WELCOME BACK MEMBERS!
We had our Women’s Day and Fall Welcome Back party in September – check out the photos from the events on our facebook page!
Watch our video story on Antonio Barrio – Mayfair West’s personal trainer and boxing instructor – and hear about his journey from an injury that lead to painful Osteoarthritis in his hip to his eventual hip replacement surgery and full recovery in just under 2 years.
MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Do you have a story that you’d like to share or would you like to nominate a Mayfair Clubs member with an interesting story? Let us know! Email us at email@example.com!
To celebrate the West Grand Reopening this October, we are offering a promotion of 60% off the initiation fee for our Bronze Fitness Memberships at our Uptown Clubs. Offer applies from October 1st, 2018 until October 31st, 2018. Please contact our membership services team to learn more or complete this online form and our membership services team will follow-up.
NEW! TENNIS CLINICS
Welcome to a new indoor season at Mayfair Clubs. Here is a list of the New Tennis Clinics that we are running at both Parkway and East. For the full list of clinics, please see the tennis schedule online or check out the tennis boards at either club.
- 12:30pm – 2:30pm Beginner Doubles Clinic/Mixer (2.5-3.5 Levels) (EAST)
- 7:30pm – 9:30pm Liveball (3.0-4.5 level)
- 8:30am -10:30am Morning Doubles Mixer (3.0-4.5 level)
- 11:30am – 1:30pm Intermediate Doubles Drills (3.5-4.5 Level)
- 7:30pm – 10:30pm Co-Ed Doubles League (3.0-4.0 Level)
- 9:30am – 1130am Beginner Doubles Drills (2.25-3.0 Level)
- 12:30pm – 2:30pm Singles Clinic (3.75-4.5 Level) (EAST)
- 7:30pm – 9:30pm Liveball (2.5-3.0)
- 10:30am – 11:30am Cardio Tennis (All Levels)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Serving Clinic (All Levels)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Cardio Tennis (All Levels)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Cardio Tennis (All Levels) (EAST)
JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS LEAGUE (FOR RED, ORANGE, & GREEN BALL)
Oct 21 to Jan 27 (No Matches Dec 23, 30, Jan 6) |$240 Non-Member $300 (Half-Price if registered in another Mayfair Tennis Program)
Junior Team Tennis League is a NEW tennis program that provides participants with the opportunity to combine practice and play, with a focus on skill development through match play. Games are played using the Kid’s Tennis format, which includes appropriate equipment (based on age and skill level) with corresponding court sizes. Sign up as an individual or with a friend, players are placed on teams in a manner that ensures teams are of similar strength and the format ensures that players play matches against others of similar ability.
Special Note: If a Junior Member is registered in 2 Junior Tennis Programs per week, he/she will receive walk-on privileges. (Walk-on privileges allow the player to book a court if it is not being used at no charge. Players may not book the court in advanced, if they do the court fee will be charged)
Players will be evaluated (week 1) and placed on a team. Each week teams will play each other in various formats (singles, doubles, alternating doubles, etc.). NOTE: Parent Volunteers will be needed to help make this league a success. If you would like to volunteer as a coach, assistant coach or scorekeeper please contact Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW MAYFAIR WINTER CO-ED DOUBLES LEAGUE (MWCL)
This summer the new Mayfair Indoor Summer Ladies League (MISLL) was a huge success, we have decided to make it bigger and better this indoor season. Presenting the NEW Mayfair Winter Co-Ed Doubles League (MWCL). The league prides itself on creating competitive and fair matches each week in all of the pairings. All matches will have a start time of 11:30 am each week and will last 2 hours. All matches will be played at either Mayfair East, West or Lakeshore. Cost is $18 +hst, which includes; 2 hours of doubles, new balls and a coffee and a cookie after the match. To register or for more information, please email Ken at email@example.com.
NEW: MAYFAIR PARKWAY CO-ED DOUBLES LEAGUE (MPCDL)
Weekly Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles matches | Wednesday nights, with alternating times, either 7:30 – 9:00 pm, or 9:00 – 10:30 pm
For those not wanting to travel, or who are not available to play on weekday morning, or weekend teams, the MPCDL is for you!!! Teams of 3 or 4 lines of both men and women, will be organized by us, with players rated 3.0 – 4.0 and will play sets/matches vs. opponents of similar ability/rating. Players can sign-up as either full time, or alternates. It will be a fun and competitive league, with wins and sets counting as points for standings. Cost is $180 + HST per player, per session, which includes 1.5 hours of tennis weekly, new balls, weekly updates and standings, prizes for the winning team and dinner at our season ending party in May. Deadline to register is Wednesday, October 31 by 9:00 am. For more information, or to register, email Ed at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL/WINTER SINGLES CHALLENGE LADDER IS COMING!
October 15, 2018
- If you like SINGLES and meeting new hitting partners, the Ladder is for you.
- Starts Monday, October 15 and runs 5 sessions, until Sunday, April 21.
- Your entry fee includes a fun, season ending party, including dinner.
- New this season: bigger boxes, with a larger variety of opponents, monthly, fun prizes for participation and beginner boxes for players rated 2.5 – 3.25.
- Deadline to register is: Thursday, October 11 @ 600 pm.
- Fill out the form and send it to Ed at: email@example.com
MAYFAIR TORONTO PRO LEAGUE | SPONSORED BY GEORGE FISHER PHOTOGRAPHY
- Week #4 is at Mayfair East on Friday, October 26 and entrance is free!!!
- Team matches start at 6:30 & 8:30 pm, with both amazing DOUBLES and SINGLES action.
- Enjoy courtside seating, with food and beverage service, sponsor promotions, win door prizes and spend a fun evening with family and friends.
- Watch 52 of the GTA’s best players battle for bragging rights and $17, 000 in total prize money.
- For more league information, stats and photos please check out: www.mayfairtpl.com.
KIDS SQUASH ACTIVE START & FUNDAMENTALS
Tuesdays 5:00 pm & 6:00 pm | Saturdays 1:00 am & 11:00 am | 12 weeks | $216
Active Start & Fundamentals are a great way to introduce your kids to the sport of squash and continue to develop their skills. These programs are run on Saturdays and Tuesdays and are ideal for children aged 5-13. Programs have just begun, it’s not too late to register! To register please contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport and Social
PICKLEBALL HOUSE LEAGUE FOR BEGINNERS
Tuesdays| 11:30-1:30 | $8 members – $13 nonmembers
- Play doubles with different partners throughout the session
- A minimum of 4 players in required for each league day
- A maximum of 8 players per session (wait list begins once all spots are filled)
- Tuesday Morning Cost – $8 members/$13 non-members
- Price includes prizes and a complimentary beverage in the bistro afterwards
Wednesdays & Thursdays | 4:30PM – 6:30PM | 8 Weeks (begins October 3rd & 4th) | $40 Once a Week | $60 Twice a Week
Join us for Kidsports from 4:30PM – 6:30PM in the multi-gym. Kids will enjoy a variety of organized sport games such as basketball, soccer, floor hockey & volleyball. Activities are by age group. Email Erin at email@example.com to register or learn more!
KIDS GROUP BASKETBALL
Tuesdays & Saturday | Tuesday: 6:30-7:30 – Saturday: 12:30-1:30 & 1:30-2:30 | Session 1 | $96
- Tuesday Evenings starting September 18th for 8 weeks
- For ages 4-7 & 8-12
- Low teacher to student ratio
- Sessions help players improve skills such as shooting, scoring, quickness, footwork and rebounding
- Private and Semi-private sessions also available
- Costs – Private training (1 participant) – $40/class per participant – Semi-Private (2 participants) – $30/class per participant
- Email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDS SUNSHINE YOGA
Saturday | 10:00-11:00am | $216(12 sessions) or $120 (6 sessions)
- Kids yoga centers on positivity and focuses on balance and concentration through yoga poses
- Children will be introduced to meditation and breath work, with music and class themes
- Each class is taught by Corinne Mazin, a certified yoga instructor
- Register by emailing Erin at email@example.com
- First class starts September 22nd!
Saturday | 10:00a – 11:00am | $216 (12 sessions) or $120 (6 sessions)
- Teen Yoga centers on positivity and focuses on balance and concentration through yoga poses
- Each class is taught by Corinne Mazin, certified yoga instructor
- Register by emailing Erin at Parkwaysports@mayfairclubs.com
- First class starts September 22nd!
KIDS MMA FITNESS CLASS
Monday & Wednesdays | 5:30pm-6:30pm | 18 sessions = $324, 12 sessions = $264, Drop-in = $25/class
- A high tempo- high intensity boot camp class that focuses on primal movements and fun!
- Each class is taught by a trainer on the gym turf
- 6 kids/class
- Register by emailing Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- First class starts October 1st!
Book your child’s party with Mayfair! Our helpful and fun staff is always on hand to make sure your party has a great time and will go out of their way to ensure the day is special for your child. We’ve got the right package just for you! You can choose from the following :
- Multi-sport party
- Tennis party
- Pool party
- Kidspace Birthday Blitz
Included in the pricing: 2 hours of supervised and organized fun! Contact Erin at email@example.com for pricing or any other info!
NEW FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Phil Nguyen will be joining the Mayfair team with teaching the MegaFit Camp classes. Phil comes to us with a ton of experience and knowledge. He has a strong background in martial arts and boxing practices. Come out and join him on Mondays at 12:30 PM and 6:30 PM.
Now Available | 1 HR | Mondays at 12:30pm and at 6:30pm with Phil Nguyen , Thursdays at 12:30pm with Claudio Sousa
Power, strength, balance, speed, agility, and flexibility are the hall marks of this class. It uses a circuit format to challenge class participants with a world rounded complete workout. It is lots of fun and gets results! See the full group exercise schedule at mayfairclubs.com.
Now Available | 1.5 HRs | Wednesday Evenings AT 430pm with Rachel Nir
A class filled with fun and challenging choreography. You’ll learn the latest hip hop dance moves while burning calories during this high intensity and high energy class. See the full group exercise schedule at mayfairclubs.com.
FALL 2018: SWIM SESSION:
Registration is currently open for the Fall 2018 session, limited space available.
PARENT AND TOT PROGRAM, PRESCHOOL A-E & SWIMMER 1-6
Start date September – November | Monday –Thursday 4:00PM – 8:00PM | Sat – Sunday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Our preschool levels are designs for students from ages 2-5. Students work on their floats, glides, flutter kicks, side breathing, front & back swim.
Our swimmer levels are for all swimmers ages 6+ Swimmers are taught the proper swim techniques and skills. Our swim instructors work with each child individually to make sure that they are taught the proper swimming skills and techniques. Each student will be working on progressions steps throughout the session to accomplish the swim levels. Private classes, Semi-private classes and or Group lessons are available. All classes are 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour.
SPORT FUNDAMENTAL PROGRAM
Starts September – November | Monday – Sunday
Semi-private classes and or Group lessons are available. The Sport program focuses on all stroke improvements, sprints and endurance changes. Participants will complete challenging skills sequences, covering all swim strokes and some pre-lifeguarding skills.
ROOKIE, RANGER AND RANGER STAR
Start September – November | Monday – Thursday or Saturday & Sunday
This course is for students who has completed all swim levels and are looking for a challenge. Swim patrol training puts your child on the path to Lifeguarding.
BRONZE STAR, BRONZE MEDALLION, & BRONZE CROSS
Sundays | September – November
Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross programs are design for all candidates who are seeking the path to becoming a lifeguard. Bronze star candidates must be 12 years old. Bronze Medallion candidates must be 13 year of age & Bronze Cross candidate must be 13+ and have Bronze Medallion + emergency first aid.
ADVANCED SWIMMING – SWIM TEAM
September – November | Tuesdays 6:00PM – 7:00PM or Saturday 5:00PM – 6:00PM
This program is designed for swimmers who have completed all of their swim levels and want to improve their overall physical fitness in the water. The swim team provides a structured approach based on training principles and practices. Participants will be encouraged to set their own goals through interval training.
September – December | Wednesdays | 6:00PM – 7:00PM
Participant must know how to swim. The master swim program is for individuals seeking an alternative to conventional fitness. The program is designed to enhance competitive swimming abilities, improve swim stroke technique and personal fitness. With proper training, you will build up endurance, so you can swim continuously without stopping. You will also improve swim strokes and breathing through drills.
SWIM LESSON REFERRAL PROMOTION
Refer a new swimmer and receive a $10.00 discount. (Referred students must be someone who has never taken swim lessons previously at Mayfair Parkway.
Spa & Wellness
EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN THIS FALL
Book a Marine Body Polish treatment in October and get 20% oﬀ the regular price. This deep cleansing algae treatment exfoliates and stimulates circulation, revealing fresh, glowing skin with an all-over sense of energy and revitalization. Contact the Wellness Spa to book your appointment.
Mayfair Parkway (905) 475-1530
Come and enjoy our new lunch & dinner menu. We added a whole new section called “Healthy Meets Delicious” and have added more of a variety of protein options. Come and check it out!
TENNIS STRING SPECIAL
- Head Hawk Touch $35 save $10
- Head Velocity $35 save $10
- Head Syn gut $25 save $4
- Head Lynx $33 save $6
SQUASH STRING SPECIAL
Head Evolution 17g $28 save $6
HEAD TENNIS BAGS
Save 20% off regular priced items
ALL RUNNING & COURT SHOES
Save 20% off regular priced items