Mayfair Parkway (Markham)
Calling all Camp Counsellors
Do you enjoy working with children and implementing programs where kids can be active and learn through sport? Then Mayfair Clubs has an incredible opportunity for you!
Mayfair Clubs is a private fitness facility that values the diversity that exists within our workforce, our customers and the community in which we do business. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a part of our core values, and we understand that our employees and their perspectives are our most important asset.
Here at Mayfair Clubs, we are passionate about the service we provide to our members and employees. We have established a culture where those with a passion to be creative can do so, to ensure high quality service is always delivered to members and employees.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Camp Counsellors in our Markham location.
Camp Counsellors play a critical role in providing a creative and unique, enjoyable experience to camp attendees. This role implements and facilitates the designed programs for their specific camp and ensures that campers enjoy an inclusive experience that leaves a lasting impression.
What Will You Do?
- Deliver the camp program ensuring adequate safety requirements and under the guidance of the Sport & Social Team Supervisor
- Plan an facilitate inclusive camp programs that meets the needs of all participants
- Provide instruction to campers, plan and prepare for all activities related to the camp program established
- Ensure all campers are supervised at all times, and provided a safe and enjoyable experience by adhering to all required safety standards and assisting in emergency procedures as required
- Act as a liaison and resources to parents, participants and leaders providing exceptional customer service at all times
What You Need to Be Successful
- Working towards a secondary school diploma
- 1+ year experience supervising and working with children and youths ages 4-12
- Previous experience as a Camp Counsellor and/or teacher is an asset
- Knowledge of and/or working towards HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development certification is a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and lead activities for large group of children is a must
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is required.
- Must be available to work from July 3, 2023 until September 1, 2023
- Availability to work during the year for winter break camps and PA days is an asset
What Is In It For You?
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to grow with a prestigious, fast-growing fitness facility
- Free membership
- Discounted rates for specialized training and merchandise
Interested applicants are asked to apply via email to email@example.com by May 15, 2023. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mayfair Clubs is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. At Mayfair Clubs we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.