At Mayfair Clubs (the “Club”) we respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. Your personal information will be protected, will never be sold by us, and unless we advise you in the manner set out below or in advance, will be used only by the Club, its employees, suppliers, and other Club members only as needed to operate the Club and provide the service experience that is expected from our membership.
By “personal information”, we mean information that directly identifies you or by which we can identify you, such as your name, home address, or personal email address. In this Policy, “we” and “our” mean the Club, and “you” means any person who visits our Website, uses our mobile application, or visits our Club premises.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile, membership and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about the services, programs and activities you participate in, and other information about your profile, membership or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birth date, gender, postal code, and other information about you;
- Video recordings and photographic information of you when you visit the Club;
- Call recordings including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
- Location information of your device that you use with our mobile application, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our Website or mobile application, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the Websites you visit before coming and after leaving our Website, how you navigate and what you search for using our Website and mobile application, the Website pages and items you view using our Website and mobile application, and the items you purchase (if that function is available).
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our Website, through our mobile application, during calls with you, and while you are on Club premises. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, interact with one of our hosts or guest services staff, visit or contact us, register for an online account, participate in a contest, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, register to attend an event or appointment, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- During Club visits, such as: the types of information noted above that you provide, and video recordings and photographs that we collect for security, fraud, loss prevention, incident reporting, and operational purposes;
- From wi-fi and mobile devices, such information about your device when you use our Club wi-fi services; and information about your device and location if you have installed our mobile application on your device and your device is near our Club or Club systems (such as systems that offer personalized content), even if you are not currently using the mobile application, though you can disable location sharing using your device or application settings;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use to provide our sports medicine and dining services and community activities, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our Website or mobile application, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIN and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our Website or mobile application (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device: that you install our mobile application on; that you use to access our Website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our mobile application or Website or you choose to share it with us.
Methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent) – see more about cookies and other tracking tools below;
- Website and mobile application log files (which are created automatically in connection with access to and use of our Website and mobile application);
- Web beacons or tags;
- Other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
During normal usage, you can visit our Website without communicating any personal information beyond that which is automatically collected (e.g. cookies, etc.). However, to make use of certain features on our Website, such as booking sports and other activities, and reviewing personal account information, you may need to log in online with a username and password. Passwords should contain a unique combination of letters, numbers and symbols and members should not disclose their login information to third parties. The Club will not be responsible for disclosure of personal information by a member, or for a member’s failure to safeguard his or her personal information. You should be aware that when you share personal information, including photographs of yourself or others in public areas of our Website, including social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, this information might be seen and used by others. The Club bears no responsibility for the disclosure of such information by members at their own instance. We urge you to exercise good judgment when choosing to share personal information in these forums. Please note that basic member contact information is made available on the Website Member Roster. Information typically includes Member name, telephone numbers and email address (if available). This is only available to Members who log into the Website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Tools:
When you visit our Club Websites or interact with one of our electronic promotion or communications (including emails), we may collect and store information about your visit or interaction with that promotion or communication on a de-identified, aggregate basis using “cookie” technology and other tracking tools.
If you are concerned about cookies, most web browsers allow you to modify your browser’s settings so that it does not accept cookies or notifies you when you receive a cookie. If you do not know how to modify your browser settings please consult your browser documentation. You may visit the Club Website with your cookies turned off. However, some functionality of our site may be impaired and you may not be able to access some of the areas of our site, which require cookies for customization and personalization.
We may also use web beacons (sometimes called pixel tags or GIFS, which are small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our Website, use or mobile application, or open an email we send to you) to help us track usage of our Website and the success of our electronic communications and advertisements. For example, web beacons may be used to tell us whether a web page has been viewed or whether e-mail messages have been opened and acted upon by collecting information such as when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and whether a link contained within the email message has been “clicked”.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s) and memberships, including conducting credit checks; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our guest services staff; track and categorize your activity and interests on our Website and mobile application, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience in the Club, on our Website, and through our mobile application;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications, and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our Website and mobile application; understand how you use the Club and our services; determine the methods and devices used to access our Website and mobile application; and improve our Website and mobile application;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; collecting outstanding debts; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property (note that in certain circumstances, this may include using member photographs for the purposes of ensuring Club security); respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
- For building, maintaining and making available to members, rosters of members within each section of the Club to facilitate activities and events within those Sections; and
- For providing occasional or urgent communications regarding Club facilities, services, programs or operations, or factors which may affect the Club’s ability to deliver these.
How We Share Information
When you provide the Club with personal information, the Club will use this information to operate as discussed above, but it may also need to share this information from time to time with third parties solely for operating the Club. In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Other Mayfair Clubs members in order to facilitate game arrangement or details for social events;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Online Advertising and Third Parties
We work with third party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our Website and mobile application, and on third party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our Website or mobile application—through the methods described in the “How We Collect Information” Section above (see “using cookies and automatic collection methods”). These third party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information in our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third party marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
Protection of Personal Information
The Club is committed to protecting your personal information. We understand your concerns about online security and about the security of your information otherwise collected by us and we take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. The Club retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, for legal or tax purposes, and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
While we take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our Website and mobile application, you should understand that information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us in this manner.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information.
Your Choices and Access Requests
We strive to offer you with choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
Online Advertising: You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by utilizing the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
Social Media Platforms and Networks: We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
Email Choices: You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting our Membership Services team and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of certain types of non-commercial messages (i.e. invoices, payment notices, etc.).
Direct Mail Choices: You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising by direct mail by contacting us and sharing the name and mailing address that you would like to opt out.
Telephone Choices (calls): You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising calls by contacting us and sharing the phone number that you would like to opt out.
Mobile Location Choices: You may choose not to provide your location to us in connection with your use of our mobile application by declining any prompt requesting location information, and by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information. We may also collect location data when you have our mobile application installed on your device and your device is near our Club or Club systems (such as systems that offer personalized content), even if you are not currently using the mobile application. You may prevent this by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information or by disabling Bluetooth on your device.
Access Requests: If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to your personal information generally by sending an email or writing to us. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
Photography and Video: The Club, its employees, members and contractors will submit photography of various Club events, containing images of members, guests, staff and others. The Club will, at its discretion, publish such photographs in on-going Club publications or on its Website solely for the purpose of advertising Club activities, increasing member engagement and recording significant events. Each member consents to the use of such photography provided. However, if for any reason the individual would NOT like to have any photos of themselves published, then he or she must advise the Club in advance in writing of such request, and the event, or timeframe for which such request is being made. Notwithstanding anything contained in this policy, no advertisement or promotional piece designed specifically for public viewing whether on the Club’s public Website, social media or in print, will contain an identifiable photograph of a Club member, without the advance written permission of such member.
Except as required or permitted by applicable law, we will respect your wishes relating to the use of your personal information and we will ensure that your file reflects the limitations that you have requested. Unless they are obvious, we will advise you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. For example, if you withdraw your consent, the Club may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with the services or information about facilities, services, programs or related promotions that may be of value to you.
Changing Member Profile Information
You can correct errors in your personal information by contacting us by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We rely on you to inform us of changes to your contact or other relevant information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, change of status etc.).
Additional Information and Contacts
The Club is committed to continuous improvement and values your input. We welcome your comments and/or suggestions on improving our Website and policies.
Mayfair Clubs, Attention: Melissa Raghurai, President
50 Steelcase Road East, Suite 200, Markham, Ontario L3R 1E8
Updates to this Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our Website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy. It is your responsibility to check the Policy periodically.
Policy Effective Date:
This policy is effective as of April 1st, 2020.