Why a Skin Analysis is Important
Before a facial, a professional aesthetician will perform a skin analysis to familiarize themselves with your particular skin type, while assessing its condition to look for any underyling issues. A skin analysis helps to form a diagnosis and provide proper treatment and at-home regimen recommendations for you.
Benefits of a Skin Analysis
- With the correct treatments and skin care, you can change the condition of your skin.
- Address hidden sun damage, pigmentation, blocked pores, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Spa treatment and home-care is 100% tailored to your needs.
- Stops signs of damage before they reach the surface of your skin.
Skin Analysis Methodology & Protocols
A skin analysis will look at the many external factors the can affect your skin. Your esthetician will ask you some questions to learn more about your lifestyle.
- Do you exercise or play sports that cause you to sweat?
- Are you under stress?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Are you exposed to the sun often?
- Do you live in a highly polluted area?
- Do you smoke or are you exposed to second hand smoke?
An aesthetician will view your face in five sections (forehead, eyes, nose & cheeks, lower face, lips and neck) allowing them to identify the needs of certain areas and enabling them to create a targeted, and more intensive and effective treatment protocol.
Each area is then physically touched by the fingers and hands & visually examined (surface-level) to make a diagnosis regarding your skin type, areas of concern and customized treatment plan.
Want to Learn More?
Join us for our one-day only Age Intelligence Day, and have one of our Estheticians help you customize the right treatment plan with an exclusive Skin Analysis offered during this exciting day!
- Lakeshore: Thursday February 16th | 9am – 5pm | Email to Book
- Parkway: Tuesday February 21st | 10am – 6pm | Email to Book