Learn More About Our Improvements
Your Health and Safety Are Our Priority
What Has Mayfair Clubs Done to Ensure a Safe Space?
- All of our facilities have implemented health and safety precautions such as acrylic barriers installed at our front desks and social distancing signage posted throughout the clubs.
- We have implemented new health and safety policies for both our members and staff to ensure a safe place.
- We’ve reviewed and implemented, where applicable to our facilities, health and safety policies from the Provincial Government, Public Health, Tennis Canada and the Ontario Tennis Association.
Staff, Member, and Guest Health Screening:
- All members, Staff and Guests are manually checked-in by Front Desk (no hand readers)
- Upon each visit, Members, Staff and Guests will be required to:
- Have body temperature taken
- Be asked Health Screening Questions
- The Club reserves the right to refuse entry to Members, Staff or Guests based on the results of the above.
- Members and Guests are required to wear a mask while entering and exiting the Club as well as throughout the duration of their visit to the club (Members must have their own mask on prior to entering the Club)
- Members are allowed to remove masks once on a tennis or squash court, once a Group Fitness class has begun or during exercise – details available in Club
- Members under the age of 13 MUST BE accompanied by a Parent or Guardian while entering the club to assist in answering the Health Screening Questions
Social Distancing Measures:
- Members must practice Social Distancing when entering the Club and when using the facilities, reminder signage is posted throughout our facility.
- Members must abide by all floor markers and signage.
- Water fountains are only available to refill water bottles (bubblers not available).
- No gathering or lingering is allowed in the Clubs except in Bistros (once reopened).
- We recommend that members only access the Club when involved in a sport or fitness activity.
- We have set capacity limitations on our fitness floors and within our locker rooms at each club (once lockers reopen). Should capacity become an issue, Mayfair Clubs reserves the right to enforce pre-registration procedures.
- Fitness floors and member flow throughout our facilities have been reconfigured to allow for social distancing measures.
- All Staff have completed Corona Virus Preparedness Training.
- Staff scheduling has been adjusted to allow for additional cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the day and a comprehensive cleaning and sanitizing protocol is completed nightly.
- Staff are also mandated to wear PPE equipment and must undergo a Health Screening before each shift.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols:
- Additional Maintenance Staff have been allocated to the fitness floor during all operating hours to ensure sanitization of equipment and high touch surfaces.
- Our Maintenance Staff use Citron Hygiene’s Sanex Disinfectant (found on the Government of Canada’s “Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)” List) to sanitize high touch surfaces.
- Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant Wipe stations have been provided throughout the Fitness Floor and throughout the Clubs.
Ventilation and Air Purification:
- We communicated with our HVAC consultants at Honeywell and have made adjustments to our systems as per their recommendations.
- All units have been fully serviced and cleaned with new filters installed.
- High density filters have been installed in those units servicing smaller spaces such as the Group Fitness studios.
- We have optimized our ventilation systems to allow for increased flow of fresh, outdoor air throughout our facilities.
Revised Departmental & Amenity Policies:
- We’ve developed specific policies for each of the amenities offered in our clubs that are posted in the club and online.
- We’ve posted Safe Play documentation throughout our facilities based on Provincial Governing Sport guidelines and recommendation.
- We have adjusted our hours and reduced our amenity capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Due to the seriousness of this situation, Mayfair Clubs reserves the right to deny entry to any member(s) who do not follow these Health and Safety policies and guidelines while accessing our facilities. As well, Mayfair Clubs reserves the right to suspend or even terminate membership to those individuals not respecting these guidelines while using our facilities.